If you are interested in becoming one of the handful of patients at this Holistic Care Center we are able help each month, call our office at (919) 9450-0300, or fill out the contact form linked on this page. You can either schedule your initial 90-minute functional medicine consultation with Dr. Sharp, or schedule a free informational call with our resilience coach, Kathleen Williams, to learn if the practice is right for you before scheduling with Dr. Sharp.
Your initial visit
Dr. Sharp will have reviewed the medical records you have provided, and during your visit he will take a comprehensive, holistic medical history. Most people who are new to the functional medicine process will experience this visit as profound and encouraging, making connections between what were previously thought to be disparate and disconnected parts of your social and medical past.
As a result of this consultation you and Dr. Sharp will discuss a number of options.
Your options for working with us
- Functional Medicine diagnostic testing. These tests may include physiological and biochemical tests to determine the presence of leaky gut, dysbiosis, impairment in stress and sex hormone functioning, home sleep studies, nutrient deficiencies (we find a lot of them), digestive function breakdown (why do gastroenterologists only look? Appearance can be very deceiving!) and metabolic, inflammatory or immune impairments.
- Nutritional and dietary counseling.
- Health coaching in support of developing stress resilience and establishing healthy habits.
- Somatic Counseling with Dr. Sharp which includes support for addressing and healing unresolved trauma that may be contributing to prolonged ill health.
- A curriculum for health that will engage you with all we know about building and maintaining well-being across the course of your work with us. Our aim is for you to face your future with confidence in your ability to care for your health.
- Functional Medicine Management to create and implement strategies for repairing and nurturing the body’s breakdowns and resolving chronic symptoms. The capacity to heal using this technique is often astounding, particularly when paired with the appropriate components mentioned above.
Dr. Sharp will discuss cost options with you. The decision about what approach to choose is best made collaboratively. Due to the profound and far-reaching nature of our work together, and the critical importance of your own commitment to making the changes necessary for your well-being, the support of your significant other is important. We therefore urge you to have that person on board with you in your first session with Dr. Sharp.
We sincerely look forward to working with you. Click the button below to send us a message and we will be in contact with you soon.