Beyond Weight Loss: A Customized Lifestyle Program for Health and Vitality
Dr. Sharp and Kathleen Williams
Lasting weight loss comes from a change in lifestyle. We are pleased to offer a coherent 8-hour workshop to help you achieve a substantial reduction in illness precursors. The workshop builds on up-to-date lifestyle medicine science to teach you the array of choices—food, nutritional supplementation, rest, exercise, stress management—that will reduce your health risk factors, improve your body composition, mood, and energy, and help you move into the life you want to live.
The workshop will:
- Recommend specific biochemical blood tests to be performed prior to the seminar. These key metabolic markers will be used to assess your specific risks for chronic and acute illness/disease. Instruction will be provided on how to obtain these tests if you do not have a primary care provider who will order them or if they have not already been done in the last 6 months.
- Assess your body composition using a bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) instrument and other body measurements. You will be instructed on interpreting this information and using it to both assess your risks and measure your progress. Body weight alone is a poor measure of your risks and progress, and weight loss on its own may be insufficient in addressing these larger issues.
- Assess your specific stress response type and develop specific techniques and supplements to modify them.
- Demonstrate how exercise and diet are not sufficient when undertaken alone and are unlikely to lead to lasting alterations in your risks for serious illness.
- Provide you with the latest scientific information regarding core physiological mechanisms in the development of, and natural products and techniques to treat:
- Elevated blood cholesterol
- Elevated blood pressure
- Elevated blood sugar
- Insulin resistance
- Mood disorders
- Digestive disorders
- Sleep apnea
- Many degenerative and inflammatory diseases
- Help you to define your most important health-related goals and develop a system to track your response to the program you will design for yourself as a result of this workshop.
- You will leave the workshop with a comprehensive plan that includes a modified Mediterranean Diet, specific supplement recommendations, a stress response modification plan, and specific goals for an exercise program. The plan will include options for how to find and maintain a relationship with a coach to help you keep to your plans.
- If you are already on medication for cholesterol, hypertension, mood, or sleep disorders you will be provided with information on how to safely and responsibly lower and then discontinue these medications (or CPAP in the case of sleep apnea) as you lower your risk factors naturally through lifestyle modification – the techniques now recommended by most specialty medical societies.
The workshop schedule is as follows:
8-Hour One-day Workshop
Saturday, September 11
4 2-Hour Evening Sessions
Thursday evenings in September
Single-day workshop: $425
Single-day without labs: $325
4-evenings workshop: $285
4-evenings without labs: $175
To learn more about these workshops, click: Put me on Your ‘Beyond Weight Loss’ Workshop Mailing List.
Please contact us today to discuss how we can proceed to change your life with our Beyond Weight Loss program.